Sunday, November 29, 2015

DIY | Advent Calender



Happy first advent everyone! Hope you're having a lovely sunday! I had a pretty creative day, making my very own advent calendar. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, if I say so myself and I thought it would be nice to share this with you guys, because... well, I just love advent calendars so much! 


What you need:
- clothing hanger
- Twentyfour little gifts and/or candy
- Wrapping paper
- Ribbons
- Wrapping string
- Number tags 

I'm guessing this is quite straightforward, but I'll explain it anyways. 
I started with numbering the tags from '1' to '24' because there are just twentyfour days until Christmas when you open your first gift. Hooray! Then you just wrap your little gifts with wrapping paper. Use ribbons or wrapping strings to attach the tags on you presents. I thought it was a nice idea to save the biggest gift for the 24th day, just to start Christmas off with a bang! After you've attached all the tags, you tie a string on to the back of the gifts so you can hang it from the clothing hanger.
Now all you need to do is to find a nice spot to hang your advent calendar. I liked to hang it somewhere I can always see it, for that extra christmassy feel. 


Do you make your own calendars? Or would you rather just buy them? Let me know in the comments! :) 

Where to buy:
- White envelope with zilver hearts/ Søstrene Grene
- Brown envelopes / Søstrene Grene
- Red & White ribbons / Søstrene Grene
- Brown wrappingpaper / Søstrene Grene
- Clothing hanger / Søstrene Grene
- Red wrapping paper / Action
- Red wrapping string / Albert Heijn

No comments:

Post a Comment