Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Hotspot | Café Sacher // Vienna


One of the things I wanted to do in Vienna was to eat the original Sacher-torte at Café Sacher. And so we did! First we went there on a sunday, but there was an actual waiting line outside of the café, and even though I really like cake, my need wasn't big enough to wait in the cold! So we decided to wait. 


The next day, after eating at Figlmüller (yes, the restaurant with the enormous schnitzel I couldn't finish), we decided to go for a little evening walk. Again, we passed café Sacher, but this time there was no waiting line, in fact, it wasn't busy at all! So we took our chance and stepped in (because there's always space for desert, right?) 

A table was offered to us and we got the menu, of course we didn't have to think about what we should take. We both ordered a piece of the original Sacher-torte and tea which was specially put together for Café Sacher. 


GUYS! Guys! It was DE-LI-CIOUS! Maybe the best Sacher-torte I ate during my stay in Vienna. I think I could eat a whole cake if I wanted to, but you know how it is.. we've got to think about our weight (I was trying to lose some)!

If you're ever in Vienna, definitely check out this place. It's not that expensive. This piece of Sacher-torte was €5,30 and the tea was €4,90. Not that bad right? Also, the cafe is opened every day from 8 am until 12 am. So you can eat there whenever you feel like it!

Adress: Philharmonikerstrasse 4, Vienna

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to Vienna with school in April, I hope there'll be time to go to café Sacher :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Envy! Yeah you should definitely go there! Otherwise, you'll be able to get Sacher Torte at almost any other café in Vienna. Haha! Let me know how it was!

      Delete