Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hotspot | Candy Freaks // Amsterdam


As some of you may know, I'm a complete candy addict! I love everything sweet and sour and I'll just eat and eat until I get nauseous. Not too sure if that's a good thing... 

So, a little while ago, I walked past this cute little shop called 'Candy Freaks'. I've walked past it several times before, but I never had the time to actually take a look. But, this time I did have the time so I decided to step in. 


My inner candy lover performed a little dance when I saw all those beatiful colors and candies. But what is so special about this shop? I could just go to the supermarket and buy some sweets there. Well, this candy shop does not only sell regular or 'classic' candy (as they call it), but they also sell organic and natural candy. If you're someone who has certain allergies or lives the vegan lifestyle but still want to enjoy candy and its sweetness, this is the place to be! 

They offer sugar-free, gelatin-free, gluten-free and dairy-free candies, but also vegetarian and vegan-friendly candy. 

I bought myself some 'classic' candy, but the shop assistent also let us taste some organic candy. We got to try gelatin-free gummy bears which didn't contain any artificial foodflavourings. They were all flavoured with actual fruit! It was delicious!

We also got to taste organic candy which looked like the 'peach candy' from Haribo, but this one also was gelatin free and was free of any artificial foodflavours and colorings. 


Except for candy, they also sell delicious Belgian waffles! So if you're in the neighborhood, come and check it out!

Adress: Nieuwe Hoogstraat 4A, Amsterdam
Website: http://www.candyfreaks.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment