Friday, January 30, 2015

What I did in Vienna (A little photo diary)


At the end of November, I posted a blog about me wanting to go to Vienna. That very same day, my boyfriend and I booked a flight and a hotel! Then a couple of days ago I listed 10 things I wanted to do, and now I'm back home I can look back on what I actually did. 

The first thing on my list was to eat at Café Sacher for the original Sacher Torte. And I did! Whoo! Well, to tell you the truth, I ate Sacher torte every single day in Vienna.. Oops! Now I have to burn all those calories off, but it was definitely worth it! Hihi!


Next on my list was to visit Schloss Schönbrunn. What a gorgeous building that was!


Next I wanted to see the quirky apartmentbuilding 'Hundertwasserhaus', designed by the artist Friedensreich Hundertwasser himself!


A little bit similar to Schloss Schönbrunn, I also wanted to see the Belvedere Palace. In this palace you can observe many many paintings, including the famous painting 'The Kiss' made by Klimt.


Apart from the enormous buildings of Schloss Schönbrunn and the Belvedere, I couldn't wait to see the impressive building of the St. Stephens Cathedral.


And lastly, I wanted to be amazed by the National Library! And boy was I amazed! What a beautiful library! I especially like the ceiling. 



Unfortunately I couldn't do everything on my list. I didn't get to see the Wien Museum, or the State Opera (it was closed because there was an opera scheduled for the days we were there). And I didn't even shop! Not even a tiny little bit! I think we'll do these things the next time we go to Vienna in the future, because I think we'll return someday! I loved the city, it's beauty and it's cultures and there's a lot to see still.

No comments:

Post a Comment